[aprssig] APRSPoint

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 2 16:04:19 EST 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Mark A. Lewis wrote:

> What I would like to see, and it may already exist, is some better
> documentation on how to get the maps you want into Xastir, where to get
> the needed files, that sort of thing. I confess, that I have not read
> everything included in the documentation, so it may very well be there.

README.MAPS might be a good place to start.  That and INSTALL.  You
probably referred mostly to README.win32 as you did the
Cygwin/Xastir install.

> Who knows, after some more tinkering, I may grow to like Xastir more.
> Stranger things have happened.

Once nice thing is that we have a team of developers plus a large
group of users who aren't afraid to speak their mind when they don't
like something/think a feature should be added.

If a user wants something bad enough they can code up a patch
themselves and submit it to one of the devel team, or attempt to get
a developer interested in their cause.  It's easier to do that with
more developers (we have 13 currently).  Any user can add to the bug
list or the feature request list on SourceForge at any time, or add
comments to existing bugs/requests.

So...  If there's something you really don't like, speak up about it
on the Xastir or Xastir-dev lists and let people know.  It just
might get fixed.  Sometimes it happens the same day as the
complaint.  We just had some complaints about the messaging system,
and it was revamped in about three days, just this week.