[aprssig] The path subject again

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Thu Dec 2 13:02:48 EST 2004

It all depends on where we're talking about in Maine.  I usually run
RELAY,WIDE2-2 because Northern Maine is largely lush.  Southern Maine has
often major traffic jams but I'm not sure if they're directly related to
paths or not.

We're licensed radio operators and in doing so we should be forced to
review and update our methods as the landscape changes. We haven't had any
crazy RELAY, WIDE7-7 folks I think purely because we'd slap them around for it.

I see stations from Quebec coming into here via a new mountaintop Digi.  I
think some of this is just going to be collateral damage.  The mountaintop
Digi was a necessity and the traffic from Quebec will just happen.

I see some traffic from Mass here, but all in all most of the traffic I see
in my area (Bangor, ME) is from this region and state.

--Droo, K1XVM