[aprssig] APRSPoint

Mark A. Lewis mark at siliconjunkie.net
Wed Dec 1 22:57:08 EST 2004

My one BIG complaint is the lack of tactical calls.

We work the HP Houston Marathon every year and we use tactical calls to
identify ourselves (TRV1, LEAD). But, this cannot be done, so APRSPoint
is not an option for this, sadly since it has the most up to date maps.

Other than that, mapwise, it is the best option out there. UI-View has
more options/features, but the lack of maps is a killer, same with
XASTIR.

If really nice maps with APRS is what you want, I feel it is the best.