[aprssig] Hidden tracker with laptop access

(SV2AGW)George Rossopoulos sv2agw at raag.org
Wed Dec 1 16:49:38 EST 2004

Hi

Too many questions, indeed!!!

Well the good thing is that I am writing the bios, so we can do anything, if
the hardware permits of course ....
Digi does have a dupe checking.
Does NOT have the STn-n.
For the moment I am recording user requests and try to implement them.

What I have in mind is to publish different dedicated BIOS versions.
For instance a stand alone APRS digi. That way more things can included.
It is useless for somenone who will not use it as a tracker the TRACKER
functionality.
Or if the TNT serves as a digi even KISS mode is unecessary.

A standalone Digi version will released soon, that version will use the GPS
serial port to connect Back-to-Back TNT units to act as multiport APRS digi.

I am writing Packet Programs since 1987, I received so many emails from HAMS
all over the world so far and I know how a TNC unit must behave.
For me the most important micro USB TNT feauture is the ability to upload
new firmwares. This is what makes this unit really flexible and able to
serve almost any purpose/application.

So far the biggest problem, besides the development was the production, now
that we solved it we are ready to enhance the firmware.

73

micro USB TNT (A pocket TNC with Build in Tracker and APRS digi with USB and
battery for portable operation)
www.elcom.gr

(SV2AGW)George Rossopoulos
sv2agw at elcom.gr