[aprssig] OffTopic...

Mike Yetsko myetsko at insydesw.com
Tue Aug 31 06:43:07 EDT 2004

> I'd seen a coil of 6 or 8 turns of solid wire, 22, 26 or ??? wrapped
> around a plug wire with one end connected to an ne-2 and ground the
other
> ne-2 lead.  Neon lamp fires with plug.  Hard to see in bright sun tho.
> Same technique might work for scope?

You're talking about inducing the voltage in the coil, then using the neon
bulb as a clamp at 67v.  I suppose that would work.  Only trouble is
having to wrap and unwrap the wire each time, then restart.  I'm not going
to do it live!

I'm wondering if I can fabricate something from say a big clamp.  Like a
battery clamp, or a 'woodworkers' clothespin type clamp, and put two
halves
of a ferrite into the jaws.  Then put a coil on one of the ferrite halves.
Anyway
every try that?