[aprssig] UI-DIGI settings

Dennis Hudson, N2LBT n2lbt at n2lbt.com
Mon Aug 30 18:11:42 EDT 2004

This is a good reference. I'm only confused about the beacon rates and
offsets. As per the example on Tim's site if Beacon1Interval=600
seconds and Beacon2Interval=1800 and Beacon3Interval=3600 will there be
duplication at 30 minutes and a triplicate at 1 hour if there is no
offset like Bob's suggestions below? Or does only one beacon fire if
there are two timers that expire simultaneously. If so then you could
simply use

Beacon1Interval        =       600
Beacon2Interval        =       3600
Beacon3Interval        =       0

Beacon1Offset          =       0
Beacon2Offset          =       0
Beacon3Offset          =       0

Beacon1Text            =       !lat/lon# my digi info(must be the same)
Beacon2Text            =       !lat/lon# my digi info(must be the same)
Beacon3Text            =

Beacon1Path            =
Beacon2Path            =       WIDE2-2
Beacon3Path            =

If not then it looks like Bob's recommendations below should probably
be correct.
--
Dennis Hudson, N2LBT
Sysop APRSALY