[aprssig] D700 microphone cable

bpsmicro.com lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Fri Aug 27 07:31:11 EDT 2004

You should consider joining the D700A and/or TM-D700 group on Yahoo Groups
(http://groups.yahoo.com). These sorts of things are discussed all the time.

The short answer, yes your plan will work very well. Many of us have done
exactly that. Just make sure you use a straight-through cable, not a
cross-over.
And while ferrite cores may not be required (and I don't have them), they
wouldn't be a bad idea. The Kenwood kit (which is essentially an RJ-45
extender and phone-cable extender) includes them.

Brad.
VE3BSM