[aprssig] WINAPRS WX Warnings

Wes Johnston wes at johnston.net
Mon Aug 9 06:27:38 EDT 2004

As I recall, precision mapping's maps are BMP images rendered by the PM
engine.  This is different that winaprs maps which are drawn by
winaprs.  This difference causes the colored polygons of a WX warning to
not show because it is drawn first, then the BMP image from PM is
overlayed covering it.  The solution is to run winaprs with the Tiger
map files so that it can render pretty maps as well as the wx warnings.

Wes