[aprssig] RE: 1 Serial GPS Feeding 2 Applications ?

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Aug 5 15:46:04 EDT 2004

Rich K4GPS wrote August 04, 2004 6:23 PM

> I am sure there is something out there. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction as to a freeware program to feed 1 GPS to 2 programs. I seem to
> remember someone mentioning Virtual Com Ports.

<snip>
> OR is there a program that I can feed my GPS5 into and then feed that
> program into both UI-View and StreetAtlas.
<snip>

Can't you do this with UI-View32? I haven't tried it, but look in SETUP - GPS SETUP and click on GPS OUTPUT SETUP and then hit F1 to bring up the help and see if this will allow you to do what you had in mind. If I am reading the help correctly, you could either output the data on a physical com port or make the data stream available to another program.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
--
"I may be lost, but I know exactly where I am."