[aprssig] Motorola radios for Satgates.

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sun Aug 1 12:58:36 EDT 2004

>Incorrect de-emphasis? If possible, connect at the discriminator or before
>the de-emph network and build your own to "tune" to the application..???

Speaking of which, has anyone got a good example of a passive high-pass
filter to accomplish pre-emphasis on the transmit side?  Or an active one,
for that matter - I might have room to implement one.  I'm feeding audio
into a Kenwood TK-790 commercial rig, and the aux input works either in mic
or data mode.  Data mode has no pre-emphasis, but mic mode doesn't have some
other features I need.  Since it's going to be received by normal radios
with de-emphasis, I need to take care of that to avoid excessive twist.

Scott
N1VG