[TangerineSDR] A few thoughts after Monday night telecon

Jonathan emuman100 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 07:15:10 EDT 2023

Hi Franco,

I wanted to thank you for your input and involvement on this project! I
wanted to propose the dual controller solution since the ADC has a two
channel output, each data lane would be connected to each FX3. This would
maintain more compatibility because you can use USB 3.0 and won't have to
utilize USB 3.1 or greater speeds. With this, you can use lesser USB 3.0
SBCs and if you want more processing, connect another server or system to
that multicast group. This configuration would be great for amateur pulsar
astronomy too if the frontend was modified for higher frequency bands,
again, maintaining more compatibility with USB 3.0.

Clocking would come from the GPSDO, of course.

Can the FX3 accept both data lanes if you wanted to run the ADC and lower
sampling rates and data lengths?

Jonathan
KC3EEY