[TangerineSDR] Effect of VLF Receiver Overloading During Local Thunderstorms

Jonathan emuman100 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 21:37:54 EDT 2023

I also wanted to add these time series plots of sferics that overload the
VLF receiver.

You can see at ~15s in, there is quite a large duration sferic that has
been clipped. I thought it was interesting that it was definitely clipped:

Here is that sferic in greater time resolution, showing the clipping and
the amplitude content:

The duration of that signal is ~1s long! I've noticed that local sferics
tend to be much longer in duration.

Jonathan
KC3EEY