[TangerineSDR] TangerineSDR Digest, Vol 27, Issue 6

David Witten wittend at wwrinc.com
Wed Jun 2 10:47:36 EDT 2021

The magnetometer subsystem has always been specified to require CAT 6a
Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) cable with the shield attached to ground at one
end as a  means to limit the impact of both interference from outside
sources and the potential for radiation of signals from within the system.
Cat 5 cable is not ordinarily suitable.  This is also a requirement for all
intervening connectors.  This point seems to be easily missed.  Suitable
cables connectors, and panel fittings are readily available from Amazon and
other sources.

Dave Witten, KD0EAG