[TangerineSDR] Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 07-12-2021

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D. nathaniel.frissell at scranton.edu
Tue Jul 13 09:38:20 EDT 2021

Thank you very much, Tom.

The recording is uploading now and will be available later today at https://youtu.be/qzO9vTY1sKQ and hamsci.org/telecons.

Have a great day!

73 Nathaniel W2NAF

From: TangerineSDR <tangerinesdr-bounces at lists.tapr.org> On Behalf Of Tom McDermott via TangerineSDR
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2021 10:34 PM
To: TAPR TangerineSDR Modular Software Defined Radio <tangerinesdr at lists.tapr.org>
Cc: Tom McDermott <tom.n5eg at gmail.com>
Subject: [TangerineSDR] Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 07-12-2021

Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 07-12-2021

1. Additional discussion on 10GE - Pros & Cons of SFP+, jumbo packets. 1GE is still planned but there continues to be availability problems with the FPGA supporting 1 GE. 10GE is being discussed due to hopefully improved availability of a different (more powerful) FPGA. Both versions ( 1GE "DE Mark 1" and 10GE "DE Mark 2") can be developed in parallel depending on component availability.

2. There is a MAX10 FPGA Development Kit that may be temporarily usable for a Data Engine stand in until we can get parts for our own board. They are not currently available from Digi-Key P/N 544-3082-ND
Manufacturer part number DK-DEV-10M50-A   Other sources appear to also be out of stock, Mouser may be getting some soon.

We should investigate whether we can get more of the development kits prior to starting an adaptor board for the RF module and Clock Module.

3. Jonathan showed his first hand-made prototype of a VLF receiver / active antenna that communicates audio to a Raspberry Pi 96ksps sound card. It is currently in debug.

-- Tom, N5EG