[TangerineSDR] Git updates for Magnetometer software.

Julius Madey hillfox at fairpoint.net
Sat May 23 15:26:10 EDT 2020

As I noted yesterday, operation of the rm3100 and temperature sensor
using 400 feet of Cat5shielded outdoor/direct burial cable using
differential i2c signalling as designed by Scott, Dave, et al, is
producing the same results as the successful test on 120 feet of the
same cable a couple of weeks ago.
Differential waveforms are consistent with driving a matched terminated
transmission line.
For curiosity's sake, the voltage supply for the remote end was
maintained at the 3.3 volts available on the Raspberry Pi.  As expected,
for the cable conductor resistance and current drain of the remote
(including the transient drain of the differential driver at the remote
end during data transfer) voltage at the remote end was slightly under 3
volts at max current drain with a peak to peak variation that exceeded
the 'ripple' rating of the RM3100 supply voltage which is probably
affecting the accuracy of the RM3100.

Next step is the addition of a 3.3 Volt LDO regulator at the remote end
with 5 volts supplied over the cable.
Jules - K2KGJ