[TangerineSDR] Filename structure, Node info contents, other stuff to ponder

John Gibbons jcg66 at case.edu
Wed May 6 23:25:41 EDT 2020

Bill,

Your station is given a node number to define its location. So yes, you
have a single node number.

If the receivers are coordinated to take their data all at the same time,
you would have a single file with (I'm guessing) 6 frequency measurements
and 6 amplitude measurements  for the 6 receivers per sample instance (with
a timestamp that goes with it).
This would be contained all within 1 file for the given (WWV) frequency
being measured and submitted daily.

If the data is being taken independently, you would have 6 sets of
measurements each with their own unique timestamp.
The MOD field of the LC PSWS proposal could easily handle this case as you
would define how it's being structured and stored.

Depending on what you're collecting, this data structure would be defined
by you as an addition to the file I've started if this is part of the Low
Cost PSWS.
I see no problems with this as the MOD identifier field would define this
structure for the database.

How fast are the data samples being taken?  Once per second?  10Khz?  At RF
frequencies?

Is this part of the Tangerine project?  If so, then I believe that they
have a DRF  (Digital RF?) file format that they will be using for RF data
rates and data storage.
If this is the case, the Tangerine team will be defining that file naming
and data structure themselves.

Either way I don't see any roadblocks to do this within the structure being
presented here or the DRF Tangerine Structure that they will define if
you're sampling at RF frequencies.

Hope this helps.

John N8OBJ

John C. Gibbons
Director - Sears Undergraduate Design Laboratory
Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Ave, Glennan 314
Cleveland, Ohio  44106-7071
Phone (216) 368-2816 <216-368-2816> FAX (216) 368-6888 <216-368-6888>
E-mail: jcg66 at case.edu