[TangerineSDR] Uploading of spectrum data from TangerineSDR to Central Control

John Gibbons jcg66 at case.edu
Tue Jun 9 14:25:25 EDT 2020

Bill,

If the DRF data is being taken in, let's say,  1 minute epochs and the
request for data from the Central host is for a 'set of 30' 1 minute data
blocks makes perfect sense.  The data already exists and is packaged and
sent back to the Central Host without any data manipulation.

IF the blocks are not refined that small, will the request for data
(presumably after the fact) from the Central host be in a block / time
segment size that it has already been collected in or will the node have to
massage the data to comply?

I guess what I'm getting at is if the data sets are pre-recorded in 5
minutes long blocks synced to 00 minutes (0,5,10,15,20, etc data blocks
being collected), will the host ever ask for data from 00:02 to 00:08 (8
minutes of data imbedded within 2 already existing data blocks) and force
some data crunching to reply?

Or am I trying to read tooo much into this....

John N8OBJ

John C. Gibbons
Director - Sears Undergraduate Design Laboratory
Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Ave, Glennan 314
Cleveland, Ohio  44106-7071
Phone (216) 368-2816 <216-368-2816> FAX (216) 368-6888 <216-368-6888>
E-mail: jcg66 at case.edu