[TangerineSDR] Fwd: How do you feel about my forwarding your results to other users?

David Witten wittend at wwrinc.com
Wed Jul 29 10:15:23 EDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Julius Madey <hillfox at fairpoint.net>
Date: Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: How do you feel about my forwarding your results to other
users?
To: David Witten <wittend at wwrinc.com>

Dave.

Here's the first couple of pieces on temp sensitivity.  Considering the
full range of the RM3100, the observed effect could be considered
relatively small. However, it's in the region we need to observe.  Although
the basic idea of taking the differences in duty cycle of the LR oscillator
with forward and reverse bias eliminates some major temperature
contributions, it apparently does not totally eliminate them.

One is of a GTJ run on 07072020 and the other a one hour calibration run I
did yesterday 07272020.  Note the reversed sense of the temperature change
effect.  I have a second RM3100 which I will also run in the next few days
for comparison.  I used your original adapter board.  The setup in the wood
lot at the end of 400 feet of CAT5E I believe uses the same adapter board
you supplied to Hyomin.  Reducing the 24 hour data in Open Office Calc took
a god-awful time to complete.

Feel free to distribute these ...  I'm going to send them to PNI for their
comment.  I did not attempt to measure the drift, if any, of the 3.3 volt
regulator output on the SparkFun i2c differential extender at the test
end.  I also have data which was taken with a delay between the start
command and looking at the Status register to keep the i2c bus quiet during
measurement and the trends are the same.  I don't think PC trace currents
created that much local field but that's another check for the future.

Jules