[TangerineSDR] Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 07-20-2020

Tom McDermott tom.n5eg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 22:21:32 EDT 2020

Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 07-20-2020

1. Bill has FT8 at 48 ksps rate working on the Odroid but with some issues.
Bill working on 'firehose mode' buffered via either Hard drive or RAM
buffer.

2. Dan is revising scripts for ham applications on Raspberry Pi (and
related Linux). Some updates need to be made to existing versions.

3. Jonathan and Scotty discussed I/O needs for Jonathan's 4-channel VLF
receiver. The M.2 connector on the LEAF board should be able to handle the
18.4 Mb/s data rate that the board can produce. I2S might be used for this
digital interface (serial). David mentioned the ADI A2B interface that
provides high speed serial interface (and possibly DC power as well).

4. Discussion of general I/O software for the DE and plugged-on boards. We
will need a way for the Local Host to set and read SPI registers on the RF
Module AD Converters; other plug-on boards will have similar requirements.
The RF modules have RED and GREEN LEDs that need to be initialized based on
whether the Local Host software can figure out what is plugged in. The RF
modules contain an EEPROM with information about the module type and
revision.

-- Tom, N5EG