[TangerineSDR] [HamSCI] The University of Scranton ARC now W3USR

Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate gerry.creager at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 1 11:54:41 EDT 2020

Phil

Thanks. I'd not yet looked up PMSE/PMWE, but it's on my list. In my world
(this week; nucleation microphysics is a variable target) we don't think
there's much free water involved, but that molecular water, upon
nucleation, immediately freezes and accretion begins. This shouldn't affect
the dusty plasma theory, and should actually enhance the charge state
argument (ice crystal charge tends to be more intense than water droplet
charge due to size and shape). This doesn't mean regular droplets don't
have charge, shape maintenance is an electrostatic phenomenon especially in
a 1G field.

gerry