[TangerineSDR] TangerineSDR Digest, Vol 11, Issue 10

David Witten wittend at wwrinc.com
Fri Feb 28 15:44:47 EST 2020

All,

Correction - the spec on the cable should read:

100 foot Cat 6a
550 MHz
Snagless Shielded (SSTP/SFTP)
Gigabit Ethernet Patch Cable - Black.

@David N1HAC,

> Be aware that standard Ethernet cable purposely skews the signals on the
> pairs to cut down on crosstalk.  There is cable available that has equal
> delay, used for video and HDMI transmission.  That may work better for
> these long runs.

Interesting.  I wonder how they do that.  Ill bet the good stuff doesn't
cost $29.00.  Needs looking into.

@Tom, N5EG

The I2C interface needs to run at the 100k rate for 100 feet,   400k is too
> fast.
> First thing I might check is the value of the +5 VDC voltage present at
> the remote end.
> It needs to be great enough that the +3.3V regulator is capable of working.

I will check that soon.
I'm running out of steam right now, but after a nap. Physical therapy kind
of knocks it out of me.

Dave Witten, KD0EAG