[TangerineSDR] Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 02-17-2020

Tom McDermott tom.n5eg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 22:09:19 EST 2020

Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 02-17-2020

1. Discussion on Radio Jove spurious requirements. These are difficult,
perhaps we can have side discussion at Hamsci on these requirements. Are
there other ways to address the problem that don't impose such difficult
requirements?

2. Discussion on interferometry needs, filter tolerances, etc. There are
two general categories of requirements: 1) frequency (clock module)
frequency stability, and 2) other things in the receiver (like filter
tolerances, static phase offsets, etc.).  There may be others we need to
consider.  It may be desirable to have a side discussion on this at Hamsci.

3. Discussion on the magnetometer +5V and +3.3V needs. The magnetometer
requirements document covers estimates of cable resistance and allowed
voltage drops. Measurements of an actual unit would be nice to confirm the
extender, Dave has the only working extender at this point.

Troy and Franke have a sensor unit from Dave and are starting initial
measurements of the sensor.

-- Tom, N5EG