[TangerineSDR] PSWS Current Status PowerPoint - Comments Requested

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Thu Apr 16 15:44:18 EDT 2020

That's a really good idea, Gerry.  But from what I gather uBlox claims
cm level accuracy, while the Trimble etc. survey receivers claim mm.  I
think the difference is that they don't do the L2 "Z code" trick but I'm
not sure on those details.

Anyway, I don't know whether their accuracy is good enough for CORS.
That provides me Yet Another Thing to Test, since I have a stack of
Ashtechs and NetRSs that I can put on the same antenna with a ZED-F9P
abd ZED-F9T and get comparative results.

BTW -- the F9P and F9T seem to be the same receiver engine, with two
differentiators:

The F9P has an internal RTK processing engine, so it can accept
correction data and output corrected results on the fly with no external
computer required.  Nice for rover stations.

The F9T does not have the RTK engine, but it has provides 2 each PPS and
ExtInt lines rather than 1.  In one-off the prices are the same, but in
quantity the F9T is a bit cheaper than the F9P.

They both provide the carrier phase, pseudorange, and doppler data in
software messages.

John
----