[TangerineSDR] Magnetometer current state

David Witten wittend at wwrinc.com
Wed Oct 23 12:55:00 EDT 2019

Hyomin,

Thanks for the response!
This list seems the best place for me to post my progress and concerns, as
I am not sure that I have the direct email address for all who might be
interested.

The second item that you listed is actually what my students struggled
> with. This is one of the important processes to make sure we
> get meaningful data.

I need your input in particular on the meaning of the readings.

I am just extracting 8 bit quantities from the sensor, shifting and
concatenating them into 16 bit values, masking off a few bits, and
multiplying by a seemingly arbitrary constant.  The conversion is from some
code I found for another micro environment, and came with no documentation
or comments.

I now have the 'PNI Commboard', and I hope soon to test the values it
returns against my own.  I had hoped to avoid buying this thing, but I
couldn't see another way.

But that is just the raw values, I have no sense at all what they represent.

For now I am concentrating on making a small board that takes some of the
uncertainties out of using the demo boards and provides robust connections
for the various projects.

I am particularly interested in the needs of the other projects that may
use this setup.  I would really appreciate input from the non-PSWS projects.

Dave Witten, KD0EAG