[TangerineSDR] Elevator Pitch for Tangerine PSWS

Scotty Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Sun Oct 13 18:59:08 EDT 2019

Hi Kristina,

The main points of the TangerineSDR are:
Wide-band Direct Sampling DDC (four 500MByte/s digital input paths) with
on-board FPGA
High-speed data interfaces (USB 3.0 (@5Gbps) *and* dual GBe)
Modularity and expandability (up to 4 RF input channels, selectable
oscillator quality (TCXO/OCXO/GPSDO) and expandable low- and high-speed I/O)
Easy pairing with SBC or Desktop PC (dual GBe ports) allows inexpensive
pre-processing and network authentication

Is that some help in filling a few hundred words? The above is more like
a features list, so here are a few tie-ins to PSWS:
oscillator can be upgraded to GPSDO for PSWS high-resolution data
time-stamping
dual, synchronously clocked 14-bit ADCs for synchronous RF sampling
seamlessly integrates with a Single-Board Computer to provide PSWS
pre-processing and authentication
high-speed data interfaces provide wide simultaneous receive bandwidth
(>20MHz via GBe, >100MHz USB3.0 maximum)
FPGA can split data into eight 192KHz simultaneous virtual receive
streams, each centered anywhere within 0-60MHz antenna input

Hope some of this is helpful.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI