[TangerineSDR] Uploading congestion

Engelke, Bill bill.engelke at ua.edu
Mon May 20 13:12:09 EDT 2019

Scotty:

I thought of a couple of questions for you after Saturday’s meeting.

1.       Since (inside the Tangerine) a given DE will always be paired with the same SBC, I would think that we would not need a “discovery” sequence between them like with the HPSDR. What would be the best way to configure the SBC and the DE to be aware of each other? Enter the DE’s MAC address in a configuration screen on the SBC?

2.       For the best security, the Tangerine should not respond to arbitrary IP traffic, but should be the one to initiate connections. If we do it that way, once again, I would think that we don’t need an HPSDR “discovery” sequence. In use case 1 (Data Collection mode), the Tangerine has the token issued from Central Control and initiates connection to that; in use case 2 (Firehose), the user puts the IP address(es) of the local big computers to stream data to.

What do you think?   -73- Bill AB4EJ