[TangerineSDR] Webserver for local host

Engelke, Bill bill.engelke at ua.edu
Wed Dec 4 11:56:31 EST 2019

Hello Rob:

I have attached an excel sheet which has the first draft ideas for communications between the Local Host (SBC) and the Central Control System (I believe this is what Scotty has named the "RCC"). I'm particularly interested in your review and comment on the sheet LH-CC, since Nathaniel has requested that you and I standardize that to the extent feasible, so that we have a common interface for both types of receivers.  (That said, I expect that there will be some commands unique to each system due to operational differences; at least, they must not conflict).

I'm especially interested in your ( + everyone's) thoughts about the method for transferring sections of the Ring Buffer, which will need a handshake. My idea here is something like the following:

1. CC requests a section of ring buffer, using the RQ command with the start and end datetime wanted.

2. The LH (which has already done initial authentication using its token) responds with RB, then connects to an SFTP server running on CC (i.e., authenticates) and then starts sending the files (which are Digital RF) via SFTP. The CC will detect these and know who sent them, whereupon the CC will move the files to the right place and put a cross-reference to the files into its database table.

There are, I'm sure, many ways to 'skin the cat' on this, but this is an initial idea for comment.

Also, all the other LH <--> CC traffic is for review and comment.    The sheet LH-DE is for the Local Host to control and get data from the Data Engine (t uses both TCP and UDP, but could do all in UDP, I guess, if Scotty wants to stay away from TCP in the FPGA programming; that said, I hope we can use TCP for the command & control part).

Let me know your thoughts.  (That comment is to everyone on the mailing list).    - tnx es 73 - Bill AB4EJ