[TangerineSDR] Webserver for local host

Rob Wiesler robert.wiesler at case.edu
Tue Dec 3 22:01:45 EST 2019

On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 21:39:43 +0000, Engelke, Bill via TangerineSDR wrote:
> I got it working with Waitress. Maybe we don't need apache. Or tomcat
> either.

Waitress should be good by itself.  Maybe I'm too predictable, but I
really like its dependency graph :)

> I think the point of using a venv is generally to deal with the
> proverbial "interdependency hell" that is a problem when running
> multiple versions of python and/or databases. (Man, I hope we don’t
> have to put a database on SBC, but I won’t be surprised if someone
> thinks of a reason to do it).

Besides the small session database used by the webapp ([0]), mosquitto
might try to save retained events to its own database (if we use MQTT).
I think that'll all be sqlite, though, so we should be able to avoid
something heavyweight like PostgreSQL.

[0] https://flask.palletsprojects.com/en/1.1.x/tutorial/database/

> From the Flask framework, I have it working to where I can enter
> commands into a web page, which get sent to MainCtl, and then MainCtl
> controls the DE simulator. MainCtl can also output data as Digital RF.
> So I have a working proof of concept for the architecture.

Nicely done!  Once you're comfortable with the basic code layout and
architecture, let me know and I can start packaging it.