[nos-bbs] Github and License Term Challenges ?

maiko at pcsinternet.ca maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Sat May 25 12:39:48 EDT 2024

Hey Chris,

I am rethinking my github use, since I am concerned about a few
people bringing up license terms, and I can't even get a decent
answer or a recommendation from a higher power. Frustrated I am
regarding this, so how is this related to github ? kinda :(

Personally I don't care, but there are portions of the code that
are plain copyright, SOME of it is GPL X.Y, lots of it is free for
ham radio use, and so on. At the end of the day, I am of the view
that use this, have fun, don't be making money on my efforts, or
other folks efforts and contributions, and leave any credits or
acknowledgements of effort in place, so people know where all
of this stuff comes from. It has quite the rich history, even
if portions were slapped together or jury rigged at the time.

The world of license models seems to have become a drama, and I
clearly do not understand how all this stuff works, it's not my
strength by a long shot. Probably not the answer you wanted :]

If there are folks who KNOW THIS STUFF WELL, I am open to ideas.

Maiko / VE4KLM