[nos-bbs] again - can someone reproduce MM and/or MC index issue ?

Gustavo Ponza g.ponza at tin.it
Wed Jul 3 17:32:06 EDT 2024

On 7/3/24 21:10, Maiko Langelaar (Personal) wrote:
 > I need to get this fixed and off my list.
 >
 > Can anyone faithfully reproduce this problem ?
 >
 > Can you share how you did this ?
 >
 > Maiko / VE4KLM

1. as per my knowledge, the M commands are the following:

-----------
M               Shows current mailbox users
MC name         Copy the current message to area/path 'name' (SYSOP only)
MC x [y,z] name Copy messages x,y and z in current area to area/path
       'name' (SYSOP only)
ML              Shows all past users since system startup
ML n            Shows the n past users since startup
ML call         Shows when 'call' logged on last
MM name         Move the current message to area/path 'name' (SYSOP only)
MM x [y,z] name Move messages x,y and z in current area to area/path 'name'
MS              Show message and system status

Note: (i0ojj)
   1.11x6 (970314) [update]
The sysop MM and MC commands (now) accept a range of message numbers,
specified by an embedded '-', e.g., MM 5-26 junk
-----------

2. the following demonstration has been reproduced by using the 'record'
command on jnos.

3. Taking my 'sysop' area as an example, I used the MC command and
the MM command: the results in both cases had no effect on functioning
as expected, but simply gave both the same reply like when the M command
(alone) is issued.

-----------
ROMEGW:IR0RM Area: ir0eq Current msg# 0.
?,A,B,C,CONV,D,E,F,H,I,IH,IP,J,K,L,M,N,NR,O,P,PI,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Z >
a sysop
sysop: 14 messages  -  0 new.
ROMEGW:IR0RM Area: sysop Current msg# 1.
?,A,B,C,CONV,D,E,F,H,I,IH,IP,J,K,L,M,N,NR,O,P,PI,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Z >
la
Mail area: sysop
14 messages  -  0 new

St.  #  TO            FROM     DATE   SIZE SUBJECT
 > Y   1 sysop at ww      i0ojj    Jun  5 1054 DXSpider repository OFF

   Y   2 sysop at ita     i0ojj    Jun  6 2008 La terra dei cachi

   Y   3 sysop at ww      va2om    Jun  9 1071 VE2PKT BBS will be off line
for few
   Y   4 sysop at ww      i0ojj    Jun  9 1473 Rife: DXSpider repository
OFF
   Y   5 sysop at eu      yt7mpb   Jun 10 1124 YU7BPQ/YT7MPB --> CR6MPB

   Y   6 sysop at ww      rn1m     Jun 12 1633 Q about VE1JOT-1 on Net105

   Y   7 sysop at ww      i0ojj    Jun 15 1183 Record: a 720MB msg arrived

   Y   8 sysop at ww      oz1lqh   Jun 16 1106 ON0AR forward?

   Y   9 sysop at ww      i0ojj    Jun 16 2984 Re: ON0AR forward?

   Y  10 sysop at ww      pd2skz   Jun 16 4782 Re: ON0AR forward?

   Y  11 sysop at ww      oz1lqh   Jun 17 1097 Re: ON0AR forward?

   Y  12 sysop at ww      lu9dce   Jun 18  967 Announcement

   Y  13 sysop at ita     i0ojj    Jul  2 1015 Re: Xnet Link

   Y  14 sysop at ww      i0ojj    Jul  2 1308 Forward situation in IT

ROMEGW:IR0RM Area: sysop Current msg# 1.
?,A,B,C,CONV,D,E,F,H,I,IH,IP,J,K,L,M,N,NR,O,P,PI,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Z >
mc 14 /tmp/sysop.msg
Users:
Telnet   (ir0eq @ 127.0.0.1)  ->    Idle

ROMEGW:IR0RM Area: sysop Current msg# 1.
?,A,B,C,CONV,D,E,F,H,I,IH,IP,J,K,L,M,N,NR,O,P,PI,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Z >
mm 14 packet
Users:
Telnet   (ir0eq @ 127.0.0.1)  ->    Idle
Uplink   (VE3CGR-2 on port cgr)  -> Forwarding

ROMEGW:IR0RM Area: sysop Current msg# 1.
?,A,B,C,CONV,D,E,F,H,I,IH,IP,J,K,L,M,N,NR,O,P,PI,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Z >
---------

73 and ciao, gustavo i0ojj/ir0aab/ir0eq
non multa, sed multum