[nos-bbs] agwpe.c (direwolf) now supports additional kiss port(s)

John Kristian jmkristian at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 15:21:03 EST 2024

The changes.txt file from www.langelaar.net::official gives an example.
(Look for WINRPR.) For another example, I find this configuration works:

attach winrpr radioA 192.168.1.10 8001
attach kiss radioA 2 radioB

In this example, Direwolf offers three KISS ports, numbered 0,1,2. KISS
port 0 is associated with the radioA interface, implicitly. Port 2 is
associated with radioB.

Beware: attaching two winrpr interfaces (with different IP addresses or
TCP ports) won't work. They'll both communicate to the IP address and
TCP port of the first attach. (In the code, they share one socket.)

Direwolf supports KISS over TCP/IP on port 8001. This is the same
protocol as WinRPR and QtSoundModem, it appears. (Direwolf also supports
the AGW protocol on TCP port 8000.)

I built direwolf on Ubuntu 22.04.3 from the official source version 2.0o.2.

Best regards,
John Kristian W6JMK

On 1/27/2024 6:27 AM, Maiko wrote:

    ... there should be something in the release history.