[nos-bbs] Telnet etc.

Boudewijn (Bob) Tenty bob at tenty.ca
Thu Oct 12 14:04:18 EDT 2023

Don,

It could be your consumer router. Those links from you keep the incoming route open for those  ip numbers
for some time, that could be 5 or maybe 15 minutes or so and in that time there is other traffic from your station
that resets those timers and keep it open, etc. The best way to solve that is replacing the firmware with WRT if  that
is available for the chip-set in that router and if it is your own and there is no setting to override that.  I see that you
have a cable connection, but I don't know or that cable modem is the only consumer router you have in line?

73,

Bob VE3TOK

On 2023-10-12 13:06, Don Moore wrote:
> I’m wondering if someone can tell me what might be wrong.
> Telnet works perfectly to me via any of my links but not from anyone else however I can telnet to anyone.
> My station is set up using DMZ so all traffic is getting to jnos tun0
>
> Regards,
> Don - ve3zda

There is nothing permanent except change

-Heraclitus