[nos-bbs] Fwd: Making decision how-to correctly put xNOS online

Boudewijn (Bob) Tenty bob at tenty.ca
Thu Mar 30 16:55:38 EDT 2023

The portal supports dynamic host names, if it is properly entered.
UCSD checks every 5 or 10 minutes or the IP of the dynamic host
name has changed and adapts the broadcast. No static IP needed.
It is import that the router passes our IPIP protocol, nowadays called
IPENCAP. I run the ampr-ripd deamon in Linux to listen to RIP broadcasts
and to create the IPIP routes in Linux. Info at the ampr.org wiki.

Bob

On 2023-03-30 14:41, Maiko Langelaar (Personal) wrote:
> I was hoping to just email Anton direct, but not possible.
>
> So I will have to do it via the list, sorry Anton.
>
> Maiko
>
> -------
>
> Hey Anton,
>
> So you have a NAT firewall/router between linux and your 'isp' ?
>
> Depends how fancy a router and DMZ capability to route direct
> to JNOS and so on. If you could provide a bit more 'detail'.
>
> A static IP on the 'isp' side is desireable for ampr.org, mind you
> they have these appliances now where you can openVPN to portal and
> do all this stuff.
>
> Sorry if this is kind of basic, just trying to feel it out.
>
> Maiko / VE4KLM

There is nothing permanent except change

-Heraclitus