[nos-bbs] Presence of IPV6 on tun interface & random JNOS crashes ?

maiko at pcsinternet.ca maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Wed Feb 1 16:59:22 EST 2023

On 2023-02-01 13:36, Jay wrote:

> There is a 'reserved' field in the IP Header that will contain a
> binary value of 4 (0100) if the frame is in IPv4 format, or a 6 (0110)
> if the frame is in IPv6 format.

  'version'

>    You can test this field and decide whether to drop any further
> processing of the frame's contents, or if it is an IPv4 frame and
> further processing will be necessary.

That is done within ip_route(), but only AFTER the IP checksum is
first processed and IP header extracted right after that, then it
checks if the version is 4 or not.

It should be checking it right out of the hopper. I already have
a patch to deal with it, just not sure how or when to release it,
since I have a few other things on the go with regard to that.

Maiko / VE4KLM