[nos-bbs] JNOS rig control of frequency

Sky sky at aa6ax.us
Fri Jun 10 14:59:32 EDT 2022

My JNOS operates on  the radio more as a "user" than as a BBS. It is just automated and not manual. Many other users have a KPC3+ that has its own tiny "BBS" capability — we are just industrial strength here because JNOS has way more goodies.

We will or would be manually determining which messages we want to forward, and to the big BBS we interact just like a user, just faster because we are scripted. I would also  say that an Outpost user would look quite similar. Certainly could use BBS-to-BBS interactions, but I don't want to get into the responsibilties of that because we'd have to carry bulletins and all that other overhead. The idea is to be a regular user everywhere we pop up.

—Sky