[nos-bbs] Not Sure if my IPtables forwarding RIP is working

maiko at pcsinternet.ca maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Sun Dec 18 21:47:03 EST 2022

IF you have a static IP address, and it's listed in your gateways entry,
you can use something like this to send ALL incoming IPIP packets direct
to JNOS via the tun interface between JNOS and linux :

    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p 4 -j DNAT --to-destination
192.168.200.201

In the above example 192.168.200.201 is the JNOS SIDE of the tun
interace.

Of course my JNOS does the IPIP, not linux. You could probably use a
form of the
above as well if all you want is just the RIP packets and nothing else ?

Not sure why I am posting this though, since I have the feeling you
don't have
a static IP address at your disposal, so what Bob mentioned probably
applies.

Maiko