[nos-bbs] encap source IP on the bottom of the two?

VE2PKT ve2pkt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 15:39:53 EST 2022

Hello Chris,

     I also have rip on Jnos handling all my amprnet traffic,
this is how it's configure in my autoexec.nos

# RIP Setup
#==============
ip upstairs 224.0.0.9
#
rip accept 169.228.34.84
rip ttl 43200
rip accept 44.0.0.1
rip refuse 44.135.49.65   ## Jnos IP Address
rip merge on
#ip trace 9 rip.log

#

make sure protocol 4 (IPIP) is redirected to your Jnos
and UDP port 520 is also redirected to your Jnos.

hope this help a bit.

Best Regards,
Jean

On 2022-12-17 13:17, Chris Maness wrote:
> I am not sure the first post made it so here is the second try:
>
> A note about what I am trying to do may be helpful:
>
> I want to be able to have JNOS and Linux reach 44-net.  This was easy
> in the past with encap and ISP's not being so picky about
> proxy ARP for my GW Public address that I had situated on the inside
> of the JNOS tun0.  Encap would automatically put the correct source
> and destination addresses on the IPIP top and bottom layer (of IPIP)
> with the encap interface inside of JNOS -- easy peasy lemon squezy.
>
> Fast forward to 2022.  Now all is done with RIP, so I have tried
> various tricks with some limited success.  I like amprd because
> it works automagically, but it seems to ignore packets routed
> to it to go to 44-net.  It maybe designed just to make Linux reach
> the AMPR-net and not JNOS.  I had assumed that it would encap
> anything sent to it via ip route add tools.  But I see that outbound
> traffic routed to it does not come out encapsulated to eth0 it just
> goes in and does nothing, or is just dropped outside the amprd0
> device.  That is what I see using wireshark.
>
> I don't know how to get amprd to unload IPIP frames that are not
> destined for one of its predefined interfaces.  Those become source
> IP's for my hosts outbound telnet connections.  It also does not seem
> to pack them for outbound travel either.  If I try to ping another
> 44-net host from inside of JNOS and route the packet to ampr0 device
> created by amprd, it does not seem to encap the outbound packet.  It
> just spits it out of tun0 as a RAW IP packet even though there are
> routes for fit to get picked up -- but maybe that is the issue with
> the tun0 device is that it does not encapsulate in an ethernet frame.
> I am not sure what the amprd is looking for.
>
> I have a workaround in mind.  Until I can get RIP working in JNOS, I
> would just source the encap.txt for outbound encapsulation, but how to
> I make the encap device lie about the source IP for the bottom IP?  It
> seems to put the tun0 JNOS side IP.  I can't use my host's IP for
> that.  My ISP's router only seems to like one IP mapped to any given
> ethernet address.
>
> Also, what is ec0 device in JNOS? The documentain does not go into any
> detail about this other than it is the ethernet card on the host box.
> Is it attached directly?  Cause that device does not exist by default.
>
> Regards,
> Chris KQ6UP DM14

73 de Jean,
VA2OM / VE2PKT

Sysop de: VE2PKT (BBS), VE2PKT-13 (URONode), VE2PKT-4 (XRPI)
         : VE2PKT-5 (Jnos), VE2RCN-1 (TheNet), VE2RGC-1 (TheNet)
         : VE2PKT-9 (DXCluster)
RF:
145.05 Mhz & 147.435 Mhz (1200 Bps),

Internet:
Telnet: ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 23 (URONode)  - VE2PKT-13
Telnet: ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 2323 (Xrpi Node) - VE2PKT-4
Telnet: ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 6300 (FBB BBS) - VE2PKT
Telnet: ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 9000 (DXCluster) - VE2PKT-9

E-Mail:
packet:   ve2pkt at ve2pkt.#qbc.qc.can.noam
ampr net: va2om at ve2pkt.ampr.org
Inet:     ve2pkt at gmail.com