[nos-bbs] jnos using wlan0 instead of eth0 on Pi3b

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 11 11:24:37 EDT 2022

My jnos has run fine for years using a pi with eth0 (still does). Now I wish to use wlan0 instead of eth0. Wireless runs fine outside of jnos on this pi, but acts like ipv4 forwarding is is not turned on when jnos is running.

With jnos running I cannot ping from the jnos> prompt back to the router, and thus the tunnel can’t work.

To use wlan0 I simply unplug the ethernet cable — everything else remains the same (dmz ip, ptp ip’s for tun0, etc). Wired and wireless both have separate static ip’s on the lan.

Is there some arcane command that turns on ipv4 forwarding for wireless that I don’t know about? Other magic perhaps? I’ve tried everything I can think of with no success.

Thanks for any insight on this!

Jerome
YVRASS:VE7ASS