[nos-bbs] Teensy Info (for Jimmy K3CHB) and others

maiko at pcsinternet.ca maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Fri Apr 1 21:07:17 EDT 2022

Hi Jimmy,

My ISP is not cooperating with the ampr.org email addresses.

Try this for starters :

    http://robust-packet.st/RPR-TNC.zip

I ordered the teensy 4.0 (with headers soldered on, worth it)
and the Audio board (rev D) - part numbers below :

   PART: 1568-DEV-16997-ND
   MFG : SPARKFUN ELECTRONICS / DEV-16997
   DESC: TEENSY 4.0 (HEADERS)

   PART: 1568-DEV-15845-ND
   MFG : SPARKFUN ELECTRONICS / DEV-15845
   DESC: TEENSY AUDIO ADAPTER BOARD REV D

I ordered from digikey, they cover customs and border processing and
fedex basically the next day for only $8 (comes from Thief River falls
in my case, to Winnipeg).

BUT since you live in the states, your 'official' shopping choice :

    https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy40.html

That's what Ron (WA7GMX) referred me to, and they have the proper
headers as well, 2 x 14 pin headers to mate teensy to audio board.

I just picked digikey since I didn't want to have to deal with customs.

There was a 3rd part number I ordered, but I have not indicated it
above.

I ordered the 'wrong' headers, turns out I ordered 13 pin headers
without
looking closer to the part number. You need 14 pin headers to mate audio
board to the teensy 4.0, but no big deal. I managed, but just saying to
pay attention to that small detail.

Hope this helps. I understand it can also do regular packet.

  NOTE : I used minicom and the ESC key to put in the same commands
         that one would initialize their WinRPR with, including the
         last one that puts the Teensy into KISS MODE.

         Then you can run JNOS with an attach similar to this :

      attach asy ttyACM0 - ax25 hf 4096 256 1200

   Oh yeah, and you need to get the linux USB to serial drivers in
   place, that information can be found at the site below :

      https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

   Works fine on RHEL 7.8 variant like Scientific or Centos ...

Mine is now operational and it works amazingly well :)

Maiko / VE4KLM