[nos-bbs] JNOS Winlink implementation

sky at aa6ax.us sky at aa6ax.us
Fri Oct 1 12:01:20 EDT 2021

This is super to know. Let me say, gratuitously, that there is a lot of local interest here (San Francisco) in Winlink and I have a hard time focusing people back on JNOS, and this ability of JNOS to support an RMS is going to make it possible for me to stay on JNOS while still supporting this local Winlink interest.

Our state emergency folks have “standardized” on WInlink, presumably because it is Internet-friendly, and it is currently the only reliable amateur radio-based method to reach the state EOC. So we gotta have it up and running.

Some time in October when I have an experimentation day I will make mthey config changes and report back in.

—Sky

"Sky" (Jim Schuyler)
—Amateur Radio AA6AX
Online at aa6ax.us <https://aa6ax.us/>