[nos-bbs] vara access mode status ...

M Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Sun May 23 12:21:35 EDT 2021

Well I think I am making some pretty good progress here, as a matter of
fact I am able to pick off a message from a Winlink Express running in the
VARA HF P2P mode. BUT there's just something not quite right yet, and I
am stuck on the lzhuf (compression), but the traffic flow is remarkably
good,
anyways just thought I would mention that, hope to get it figured out
'soon'.

It is quite a cool mode, and I hear it on 30 meters a fair amount,
interesting
in that you can hear the adaptive component to this mode on air during the
back and forth between 2 stations. From slow tone sequences to pactor III+
type sounds and back again, over and over, it is truly very very cool :)

Hope everyone is doing okay, the puttering around of this hobby has helped.

  * I would be lying if I said I was (for me it's been really mental) ...

Maiko / VE4KLM