[nos-bbs] OT: How to kill packet radio in Serbia

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ac.rs
Wed Mar 31 15:57:32 EDT 2021

Hi all! And my apologies for this off-topic:

As usual, I visited the local club yesterday (Tue Mar 30). And there I
was approached by one of the SRV ham union's vice-presidents, Stanisa
Zaklan YU7AC, who asked me to remove packet radio equipment I was
planning to install in the union's premises. (My personal computer I
brought there when I was the union's secretary, and the packet TNC a
foreign ham donated recently.) The plan was to run 1200bd packet to
serve local hams, and later to upgrade to 300bd HF packet or pactor.

So YU7AC made it clear that they do not want packet radio & other data
modes to be practised and developed in the SRV ham radio union. But
before I remove the equipment, I thought it might be of help if you
consider as proper to send a personal note to the union's president, and
ask him whether their decision was final, because it would diminish all
my efforts to revive data modes in Serbia.

His name is Keki Laszlo YT7DQ, email yt7dq at yahoo.com

and another vice-president is

Barichek Laszlo YU7CM, email yu7cm48 at gmail.com

(Of course, it is up to you to mail them or not. I am not going to push
you to do that but in a couple of days I will need to remove that gear.)

Misko YT7MPB @ YU7BPQ