[nos-bbs] NOSaprs 'officially' APN2XX on aprs.org now

M Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Mon Jun 14 23:12:41 EDT 2021

Good evening,

Earlier today, Bob Bruninga WB4APR was kind enough to add an entry for
the NOSaprs module of JNOS 2.0 to the 'tocall' list he maintains @ URL :

http://aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt

NOSaprs is now 'assigned' APN2XX, with APZ200 noted as being used by
older versions of JNOS. It's been quite some time since NOSaprs module
was introduced, so it's not really experimental anymore is it ...

Thanks to Janusz HF1L (ex.SP1LOP) for suggesting this to me.

It's a simple update to the 'aprs.h' header file :

    /* This is the APRS destination call we use for NOSaprs */
    #define APRSDC "APZ200"

If you are interested in this, just change the "APZ200" to "APN20H" for
now (to match the NOSaprs version number). I will  update the header
file in the rsync area source later on.

NOTE : If you have a route setup for APZ200 - here's mine for 30 meters :

    # 30Dec2020, So that K4KPN-10 will pass it on further !
    ax25 route add apz200 rp0 WIDE1-1

then don't forget to change the apz200 to apn20h once you have the
new destination callsign compiled into the software.

Maiko / VE4KLM