[nos-bbs] UDP remote control RTS based PTT

M Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Fri Jan 29 06:08:13 EST 2021

Bob,

You need a RA board or SignaLink (vox device) by the looks of it,
there is simply no serial port setting. And honestly I can't justify
buying yet another interface card or board, RTS PTT has been good
enough for what I need.

The only thing (disclaimer) I forgot to mention here :
   (we might have talked about this part on an earlier thread, don't recall)

RTS goes high when you exit the PERL script. So make sure to
disconnect your PTT before exiting the script, actually it goes high
if I exit WinRPR or others as well. I need to improve the circuit some
how to prevent that, I haven't been able to find out how to get around
that, which is the only pain with using the RTS pin on serial for PTT.

Maiko