[nos-bbs] VARA HF iface for JNOS 2.0 ...

M Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Fri Jan 8 19:35:30 EST 2021

It's not complete, but I am very excited for the potential here.

I have 2 JNOS systems now linked via VARA HF software (trial version) and
using stereo cables to connect line in / speaker out of one PC to the other.

The link is available as just another interface, so once the link is
established
you can for example do things like 'c vara0 ve4pkt' and the ax25 session is
piped over the link, and it is actually working to my pleasant surprise.

A few interesting things have surfaced in playing with this, and I will try
and even get a video presentation put out some time soon on how this
all works, but this is truly VERY cool stuff.

Currently my prototype attaches the interface as an AX25 interface, if
it helps any, think of this as AXHF kinda like AXIP AXUDP. I think I'll
also create an IP interface, so then you can route pure IP through it,
which I suspect is what other folks are doing.

Anyways, I just wanted to share this with the NOS community.

I would like to get some radio back into this thing, so that's why I
have been a bit obsessed with these software modems lately.

I hope you are well, or like me, doing as best as we can :|

Maiko / VE4KLM