[nos-bbs] DUPES and staggered forwarding

Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Wed Oct 21 10:54:35 EDT 2020

Good morning,

If I did not know any better, and this is a very recent observation,
and perhaps a FLAW ? if you have multiple systems (even 2) connecting
to you, and each is sending a proposal for the same message, same bid,
and IF they are within seconds of each other, seems they are ALL (both)
accepted.

Processing the one does not give enough time to update history file, and
both are accepted when the proposals come in. I will need to fix that !

So may I suggest staggered instead of 'aggressive, all remote forwarding
partners at the same time' as an interim fix, or am I getting it wrong ?

First time I've seen this directly, and that was my first take on it. I
personally have never seen this situation on my JNOS setup, never ! But
I also have minimal number of forwarding partners and they all do their
thing like 15 minutes apart type of arrangement. Even if it's a fluke,
most likely it has happened, just didn't notice.

There is NO way these two sample messages I just saw this morning should
BOTH
have been accepted, one was direct from me, the other from GB7CIP, both
messages
looked absolutely fine to me.

Maiko