[nos-bbs] help dyndns

Boudewijn (Bob) Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 21:21:35 EDT 2020

Hello Dario,

I see that your 44 address or subnet is already broadcasted by ucsd, so that is good.

Do you have already a utility running like ampr-ripd, to listen to the rip broadcasts in Linux?

If not, these are the command lines you need.

/sbin/ifconfig tunl0 44.1.2.3  txqueuelen 1000 up
sleep 3
/sbin/ip route del 44.0.0.0/8
sleep 3
/usr/sbin/ampr-ripd -s -r -g ppp0 -i tunl0 -L call at qth_locator

Replace 44.1.2.3 with your Linux 44 address and ppp0 with your interface to Internet.

The -L  call/qth locator option is not strictly needed as it is just used to put your gateway on a map at the

web page of the author of ampr-ripd.

The ipip routes should now pop up in the route table of Linux.

Make sure that you have a properly configured firewall!

73,

Bob VE3TOK

On 2020-10-05 11:19, Dario Herrero wrote:
> Hello group, I would like to know if you can help me configure my ip 44 with dyndns since in Argentina there is no way to connect, thanks
>

> Dario LU4DRH

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change

Max Planck