[nos-bbs] Start script with auto restart loop

Jay Nugent jjn at nuge.com
Thu Mar 5 11:37:01 EST 2020

Greetings,

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020, K3CHB wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am using JNOS in a screen session over here and would like to add a
> restart provision to my startnos script.
>
> Has anyone come up with a good solution for screen instances of jnos?

     My STARTNOS Bash script launches the JNOS executable under screen.
Then to start everything up I log into the local or remote box and issue
the command:   cd /jnos ; ./startnos ; screen -r

    To can detach my session:   Control-A D

    Can then log in from another machine and do a 'screen -r'

    I don't yet have a way to shut down or restart JNOS other than to
'exit' from the JNOS> prompt or kill the jnos process.

    I do have some deployments of JNOS at remote sites that use 'systemd'
to auto-start JNOS after a crash or a Linux reboot.

       --- Jay  WB8TKL