[nos-bbs] univperm?

jj ve1jot at eastlink.ca
Thu Mar 5 06:13:38 EST 2020

--snip--

howdy all..I've gotten the latest code from github (yay) and got it
compiled..running on x64 linux laptop just fine so far..my question is
about the old "univperm" parameter/permission bits that sets the default
permissions for a user that is not defined with username/password...in
ftpusers it was easy to set this global permission, but I'm at a loss as
to how to do the same with the new password manager? Almost locked
myself out lol, and now my users cannot gateway out on my RF ports
unless I set each user up specifically .. but I get quite a few hams
that would like to use my gateway features, and unless they ask or I
happen to see that they get denied, they cannot use the RF ports, or
much of anything lol..so, is there an equivalent way with the password
manager to set up the old univperm defaults?

Thanks for improvements, and by the way, no more crashes using the
remote trace/monitor feature...only gripe I have now is that if one user
uses the feature, it steals it from anyone else using the feature, and
with no notification..so one user can steal the monitor from
another..even steal it from the sysop lol..not a big deal, but small
naggle lol!

Cheers all,

de John ve1jot