[nos-bbs] jnos Rasp PI 3 bus errors - work around

M Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Wed Jan 1 00:07:04 EST 2020

Hey Jean,

I am copying this to the NOS-BBS list for others using PI 3 (Cortex A53) :

My original suggestion actually works, but I was not clear or did not
quite explain the proper way to run the JNOS binary, here is how :

    cd /usr/local/bin/Jnos

    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem-v6l.so ./jnos

This after having removed the file, /etc/ld.so.preload

So for now, we want to make sure JNOS is using armv6 memory libs.

The preload file was automatically loading armv7 and they are problematic !
   (I don't claim to understand why, but there were some forum posts
about this)

Compile was nothing special, default settings. I have left the -g debug
in place.

I installed telnet by the way, then telneted to your JNOS
(192.168.25.228) using
the nntp port 119, no problem, the banner came up, typing help, typing
list, and
all that seems to work. No bus errors, no seg faults.

Maiko / VE4KLM